Yes, it is no secret that, if used incorrectly, bleaching products could have their impact on the teeth, causing tooth sensitivity, gum irritation, and even permanent damage to the gums. What determines the safety of the procedure is the concentration of bleach employed and the duration of the treatment, which only a professional dentist would do right.
That said, if you want to ensure that you are not doing harm to your pearly whites, it is recommended to consult an expert on your suitability for teeth whitening. They will examine your enamel and how likely it is to get damaged in the process. With that piece of information on hand, they can calculate how much bleaching agent to use and how long it should sit on your teeth to yield the desired results without causing any trouble.